Monday, January 25, 2010

ALoo Methi

One day I had no veg other than aloo and methi leaves. In this methi leaves I din't know much to cook other than 2 type one is dhal and methi south Indian samber and the other is methi rice. As I knew aloo can get along with any ingrident, I tryed adding methi leaves. I called it as aloo methi after eating it I was like :-)
WOW!!!!!!!!!!
believe me it was awesome and second day also did the same aloo methi then I got the catch goes well with chapthi, for rice it will sides.




Ingridents:

Main:

  1. Potato-small ones = 8 - 10no.s
  2. Fenugreek leaves(Methi) = 2 bunchs(only leaves no stem please)

Seasoning:

  1. Oil = 5 tblspn,
  2. Mustard seeds = 1tspn,
  3. Cumin seeds = 2tblspn,
  4. Red chilli powder = 1-2 tspn,
  5. coriander powder(dhania) = 2tblspn.



cut the potato(if it is big potato to the size of two thumb finger size) and and peel off the skin of potato

take out only the leaves of methi so it will not taste bitter finally. But some economic people who counts can still cut the stems of the methi into 5 mm size and play safe.

Directions to prepare:

  1. Keep the pan on the stove, oil it then after the oil is heated up add mustard after it sprouts add cumin seeds
  2. Add cut potato to the seasoning pan, after 10 to 15 min potato seems like fryed in oil porperly so now add methi leaves.
  3. Ater 5 min add coriander powder & red chilli powder to the the pan.

No comments: