Monday, January 25, 2010

Sabaki Pasyam

When I went to India this time I din't cook for the whole vacation. So planned to cook and I called my friends to come home and have a light (my hand made Indian style) dinner along with that I called my cousin. Why I am telling this is the reason behind why I am posting this recipe. That day I prepared only one sweet that was pasyam it's special SBAKKI PASYAM.
she like it and asked me the recipe so I am posting this recipe. As you all know I prepare easy dishes sabakki pasyam is also very easy to cook and just takes 20 mins to cook and no preparation time required. A three step process.

Ingredints:

  1. Sabakki = 1 cup(240 ml),
    Milk = 2 cup (twice the sabakki )
    Water = 2 cup (twice the sabakki)
    Sugar = 2 cup(twice the sabakki)
    Oil = to deep fry,
    Ghee = 1 tblspn,
    raisans and cashewnuts

Directions to cook:

  1. Boil water and milk together in a pasya making pan add sugar and keep boiling.
  2. Heat the oil in the frying pan, after it has come to boiling temprature put the sabakki, sabakki will sprout and enlarges itself like a papad in the oil. Now take out the sabakki suddenly put it to the hot water after 2-3 mins drain the hot water and keep aside the sabakki which is very soft now. Add this soft sabakki to pasyam making pan in which mixture of water, milk and sugar is boiling.
  3. Fry raisans and cashewnuts in ghee add it to the pan.





No comments: